Saturday, August 28, 2010

Well, I'm finally back in the United States! I have never traveled so intensely in such an extended period of time. I've been traveling since Friday morning Chennai time and still have two more hours to go before I will be at my new apartment. I am utterly exhausted but the fun is just beginning! I still need to unpack all my stuff, get groceries, make final preparations for school on Monday, and so many other things! I've had quite the adventure getting here so far, including almost missing my flight (kind of..), thinking one of my travel buddies got kidnapped (she just went ahead and got in a line ahead of the rest of us), almost having my luggage get sent to the wrong final destination, thinking my luggage had been lost when I went to pick it up from customs (I found it completely encased in SARAN WRAP for some reason--it makes for interesting conversations and weird stares from people in the airport), nearly dying in the airplane as it made its final descent to SLC, and chilling in the airport for almost four hours awaiting my shuttle's arrival.

Things I Have Found New Appreciation For:

- Clean restrooms in the airplane
- Fresh air that does not smell like B.O.
- Nice green salad and a choice of beef on the menu
- Being able to drink out of a drinking fountain without questioning whether the water will make me sick or not
- A working cell phone
- Solid ground that is NOT an airplane under me

No comments:

Post a Comment